Climate Change Statement
Climate Change Policy Statement
Luxury Pets strives to limit its impacts on climate change and to carry out all its business activities in a sustainable manner. We believe that industry has a key role to play in finding sustainable solutions to today’s climate challenges.
The direct greenhouse gas emissions from the operations of our suppliers result mostly from the use of energy in receiving raw material shipments. Indirect emissions stem from raw materials (ingredients and packaging) and electricity use. By ensuring all our products are sourced with the utmost integrity, and that as few animal products are used in the manufacture of products to reduce methane emissions (as well as animal cruelty).
In accordance with our environmental policy, we will:
- Encourage the reduction of energy used in our operations
- Operate a recycling scheme for scrap materials and packaging
- Plant a tree for every order to offset our carbon footprint
- Implement alternative or renewable energy technologies such as combined heat and power plants and solar panels, where practical to provide additional sustainable energy for our facilities
- Engage with stakeholders to combat climate change
- Work with suppliers to reduce the carbon embedded in packaging materials, the carbon footprint of our equipment and ingredient suppliers to minimise their carbon impacts
- Set targets to reduce our supply chain carbon emissions
- Report our greenhouse gas emissions, targets, results and activities openly and in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol
If you have any ideas about how we could improve our sustainability best practices please get in touch at email@example.com. We are always looking to improve on this and want to be as transparent as possible about what we could be doing wrong with our carbon footprint and what we could be doing better!